I would say that my personality In / out of game is quite similar. I use some of the skills I have out of game when the need arises. There are definitely some differences in personality though, not showing themselves all the time but they do pop their heads up in different circumstances.
So lets go a little deeper. The main part of my personality is the same (is there a main part?) both in and out of game. The anonymity does not get to my head where I think I can do anything just because no one knows who really am. I try to be nice to most people but because of this anonymity and the fact that they could just be pretending to be something and then stab you in the back (a classic case would be stealing out of a pos once trust has been established) I am always a bit more hostile towards people in the beginning (Although now that I think about it I probably am a bit like that in real life, tending to be a bit guarded towards neutrals. I mean.. poeple I dont really know yet.) before I have played with them for a while and got to know them better. They may not be like that in the real world or they may actually be nice in general but you can never really tell and someone may change in an instant.
Now I dont use my out of game skills for the positions I am in within eve or to help other people but I use things that I am good to get ahead. e.g. Im pretty good at maths so I can quickly calculate things if need be and I have fairly good problem skills so I can find a solution to most situations I find myself. Those are types of skills I use in game, not the actual skills I have from my out of game job and not for a role within eve.
So the differences are, I am a bit more hostile towards strangers, If someone does something bad to me I will find them and kill them, which I dont do in real life (I heard it was illegal or something too).
I also did an (very old) Eve personality test and got the result below:
Its a close fit, if only it said carebear...
Heres a personality test I made for all of you. Do the test then post in the comments below what you got. http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/testgen/7024/
- EVE Blog Banter #24: Be, all that you can be, and so much more!
- BB24:RL + EVE = | A Mule In EvE
- Freebooted: BB 24: You Talking to Me?
- where the frack is my ship?: Blog Banter 24: Behind the keyboard
- (OOC) CK’s Blog Banter #24: I Am Prano. « Prano's Journey
- mikeazariah » Blog Archive » BB24 Who are you, who hoo woo hoo
- Drifting: The 24th EVE Blog Banter (January 2011 Edition) - Topic: EVE and Real Life
- Victoria Aut Mors » Blog Archive » Eve Blog Banter #24 – Where Eve Meets Real Life
- Who is more real?? « The Durzo Chronicles
- Captain Serenity: blog banter #24 - Personalities
- Confessions of a Closet Carebear: EVE and Real Life (EVE Blog Banter #24)
- More to come....
Sorry for rushed post but I did my best with the little time I had.
Till next time,