I don't feel that strongly about getting changes to low sec. Perhaps that's because I dont go to low sec that often because i don't think there's anything worthwhile to do there and perhaps it needs a few changes and some expansions to make it more attractive. Or maybe not.
At the moment the only time I visit low sec is with my cyno alt, when I need to move my carrier around or when im hauling goodies that ive purchased from Jita back to my carrier. In this case I like the fact that most people are scared off by tales of lawless pirates blowing up un armed (or pathetically armed) industrial or PVE ships. It means I can safely cyno in and out of the system and my alts cyno ship can live to cyno another day :)
If major upgrades were done to low sec space to make them more attractive, what would it do? would high sec suddenly be less congested or 0.0 be less contested? Whatever the consequences, bringing more pilots into low sec is undesirable for many. I (and many others) would have to be much more wary with carrier runs. Right now in one of my jump systems there is only 3 people. That number is plenty. It is already a dangerous operation bringing in a carrier worth easily over 1billion isk, and I would be putting that at more risk each low sec jump than i have to now if it become more inhabited.
So to sum it it up, yes. Low sec is the forgotten part of Eve. Please keep it that way.
*[<> ! <>]*
Also don't forget to check out some of the other great blog banters for this month below
- CrazyKinux's Musing: The Lure of the Wild
- Banter 15: Arr, Yer be talkin’ bout me lowsec | TheElitist
- Banter 21: Low-sec- Chocolate Heaven
- Subs' suds: Forever a noob in Eve: Low-Sec - the forgotten part of EVE Online
- Blog Banter XXI - Lo-sec = Low Priority? | I am Keith Neilson
- In the Ghetto | A Mule in EvE
- where the frack is my ship?: Blog Banter 21: What's good for the goose...
- Blog Banter #21: Change? | Sarnel Binora's Blog
- Low Sec = Wild West ~ Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah
- a merry life and a short one: Low Sec: I Wanna Talk to You
- Low Sec = No Sec | Diary of a Garbageman
- EVEOGANDA: Blog Banter 21: Friggin' Low Sec
- Drifting through the Stars: Blog Banter #21: Low-Sec - The Forgotten part of EVE Online
- Captain Serenity: Eve blog banter #21 - Low Sec, The Forgotten Part of Eve
- Low Sec: the Best part of EVE Online | Nitpickin's
- Aeroxe's Assault - “Is Low Sec the forgotten part of EVE Online?”
- Eve Blog Banter 21 | A Scientist's Life in Eve
- Latro's Bunker: Eve Blog Banter 21 - Low-sec
- A "CareBears" Journey » Blog Archive » EVE Blog Banter #21: The Low Sec Conundrum