Tuesday 26 October 2010

Blog banter #22 - Loyalty?



Welcome to the twenty-second installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week or so to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to crazykinux@gmail.com. Check for other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!

This month topic is brought to us by L'Dene Bean of Nitpickin's who asks: Why, and how did you pick your corporation? Is your loyalty solid or just until a better placed organization "recruits" you. The shorter version:  Who holds your Unshakable Fealty and why?



I thought i was there till the end. There were things to do and fun people to do those things with. I wanted to see this corp become mighty. Then one day, it all changed, with many things conspiring against us all at once. Atlas fell, our alliance who was renting from them fell, we evacuated to high sec then our CEO went away for over a week. log ins dropped, high sec was boring, our alliance had made several plans to make a new 0.0 home and each time the op came around it was canceled.

This is about the time i started looking for a Australian time zone corp that could provide safety and perhaps be a little larger. Just a little! I went from a 40 man corp with peak log ins at around 15 people to a 450 man corp with peak log ins well over that of my whole previous corp!

Why, and how did you pick your corporation?

I picked my current corp for many reasons, the main ones at the time being safety and more people to do stuff with.

Is your loyalty solid or just until a better placed organization "recruits" you.

I think the "better placed organization" did already recruit me, this being the corp i am in right now. I think my loyalty is pretty high with my current corp, though not completely solid because i may one day move. The only move i can see myself make though, would be back to my old corp if i found sufficient reason, because i just had so much fun flying with those guys. Although who know what could happen? I thought i would never leave my old corp and yet i did, so lets just wait and see.

Who holds your Unshakable Fealty and why?

So to answer the questions posed, serenity one holds my unshakable fealty and nobody else. yes i am very loyal to my corp, except i always want to have my options open so i can do whats best for my character (s)

Fly safe,
Serenity one.